Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Card to be Proud of

I did it! I made a card!  To be honest I actually made one earlier this week, but I was so excited about getting it in the mail that I did not take a single photo of it.  Today when I made another I kept saying to myself (out loud enough times that when I was finished my husband reminded me) "Take Pictures!" and I did.

This card is for my cousin and his wife, who called to tell us they are expecting a baby in March.  My cousin was so cute when he told me and I can tell they are looking forward to the adventure ahead. This baby, if it is a boy will be the only one caring on the family name so as much as I want them to have a girl as wonderful as my own...a boy would be pretty awesome too.

I used Wild Card for the envelope and lining, Celebrations for the card, Doodletype for the word art and Stretch Your Imagination for the baby buggy. The paper is all from the Tiffany's stack by WE R Memory Keepers (Hobby Lobby!) I love this stack because it comes with coordinating papers (some with glitter), alpha stickers, alpha chipboard and die cuts. 

NOTE TO SELF AND OTHER NEW CARD MAKERS:
Save files if you cut the card using Design Software or your Gypsy.  I was making this and thinking..I will never remember how I did this and the sizes I used from the different carts to recreate the basic card and envelope and than...OH YEAH, I can save this file and go back to it again when I need help.

I have gotten such great tips and advice from my fellow Circle Members and all the projects they have shared is really what got me inspired to make some cards and use the piles and piles, drawers and drawers full of paper I already have. Thank you Sasha for the August Challenge: so far I have used 16 different cartridges, created my first 2 cards, 3 scrapbook layouts, a wall display for school and...spent no money at a craft store! To all others in the challenge goo luck! We have 8 days under our belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.