Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Gearing Up for Back to School & Random Thoughts

I know people think I am nuts for what I am about to say, but I LOVE BACK TO SCHOOL TIME! I love the shopping (hello sales on everything it seems) the preparing and well I love welcoming new students into my classroom. So, when August rolls around and I can start getting ready it just makes me smile. I get super excited when I start seeing commercials and adds in the paper.  I love walking into a Target and going to the back to school section!

I had a meeting today to work on our curriculum and it was very productive. I feel that after 10 years of teaching I am finally figuring out the kind of teacher I want to be and am loving sharing it with my coworkers as we work to make the year great. The goal of the team I am working with on this curriculum is that we will not have to start all over every year anymore.  Here's hoping!! We have worked hard on everything and I have high hopes that we will be successful.  We are ready for the school year and eager to see results.

I also am looking forward to drama club and cheer leading starting up again. These are the two after school activities that i work with and I enjoy them greatly.  I have so much fun getting to know the students who come out for these activities and we always have so much fun. This year's show is Alice in Wonderland and I am really looking forward to seeing where we take it.

RANDOM THOUGHTS:
- I am doing great with the August Challenge (Do not buy anything new and use what you have!) Yesterday I made 3 pages for my Disney Book and I used 4 separate cartridges. I even used one I have never used before!

- I can not eat anymore cake balls.  I made some for our dance party (which was a quiet success) and feel like I am going to be eating them for the next year,  I was happy that my coworkers seemed to enjoy them today.

- I do not want to cook today.  I have been trying hard not to eat out to often and to cook more, but today is not the day for that.  So, let's call the pizza delivery man.

- I can not stop thinking about different things I want to write about for the novel I am working on. To bad they all are different stories.  I need to carve out some writing time and get words to paper.

OK, that is about all for now. Friday I am going to make cards (the first ones I have ever made with my Cricut) Check back for pictures.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the wonderful comment on my blog.

    Can not wait to see the pics you make:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo glad I am not the only crazy teacher that absolutely loves looking forward to another school year starting. Loved your bulletin board idea. I have been thinking about mine. I guess it is time to start.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.