Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bowling Party, Part 1: My 100th Post!

My daughter will soon be turning 5. This is a fact that I am still trying to wrap my head around because I am pretty sure I only gave birth to her a little while ago. The time just goes so fast! She is such a fun little girl and watching her get bigger is enjoyable. I was not planning on having a kids party this year because we had one last year and went to Disney World so I was just going to have a simple home party with family. The best aid plans do not always go my way (I am not admitting that easily). My husband and mother tag teamed me with guilt.
"She is turing 5. Such a big year!"
"This is her last year at her daycare..soon all new friends"
"She has been super good lately"
"After how big you went last year..."

OK! OK! OK! I gave in and plans have started for the party.What does my little girl want to do? BOWLING!!  Come on, get the image in your head: 20 plus 4 and 5 year-olds bowling, many for the first time!!  Too cute.
Of course I had to make the invites because Sophie asked for round bowling balls and I could not resist the fun of creating them. I pulled out my Nifty 50's cartridge to use for the very for the first time and cut the bowling ball layer at: 5.80 width & 14.27 height. Than I cut out the bowling pin and ball twice for each invite. Because I cut this rather small I decided to do the red strips by hand instead of making all those tiny cuts. I picked a fun font on the computer and printed out all the details for the party. I used several different adhesives to get them all together because I had small and large pieces (Thank you ATG gun and Scotch Scrapbooker's Glue with 2-way applicator).
I was going to put two pins on each card but in the end I decided that one was enough and I put the extra one on the envelopes with the "party" cut from Doodletype. The envelopes are American Craft 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. I can't wait to send them out to people. I have many plans for decor and favors so be on the look in the next month for those fun bowling party posts.  

I cannot believe that this is my 100 post. When I started doing this blog back in July I was not sure I would make it past a month and once I started back at school in the fall I was sure I would forget all about it, but I have not and am more inspired everyday to post my projects and share my ideas with you. Thanks for taking the time to check out my little piece of crafting and as always I love to hear what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to little Sophie :)

    You invites are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your invitations! So clever. You have my head racing about what kinds of party favours you could create! Congratulations on a 100 post! I'm glad you have stuck by your blogging and that I found you in blogworld. *Sigh* my eldest son is turning 5 this year too. Where'd that time go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great invitations! I love that cartridge. Congrats on your 100th post. I am your newest follower:)

    Karla

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.