Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Linen Closet Card

I try very hard not to buy too much paper. Okay that is a total lie (I am sorry). I love paper and buy it all the time, but I have gotten better about buying it at full price just because I see it and fall in love. I wait for the sale now. Lucky for me the sales come around pretty often. The Linen Closet Stack by DCWV is one that I have been wanting for a long time. I have seen it so many times and have had it in my cart to buy at least 4 times when it was on sale, but I waited. This weekend it was on sale at JoAnn's for 50% off and I just could not wait anymore. I bought the 12 x 12 stack, the 8 x 8 stack and the cardstock matstack (4.5 x 6.5). I do not know if there is a 12 x 12 stack of coordinating cardstock. I have never seen it and that was one thing that held me back from buying the set. 

I had no ideas about what I was going to make with this set. I really just loved the soft colors and had to have it. I was updating my Gypsy and while I was waiting I got the paper out to see if any ideas popped into my head. I ended up just selecting some papers that stuck out to me and making a simple card. I did not use a single Cricut cut for the card.
I really liked how the polka dots on the base paper looked so I cut off a strip of them from my left over paper and added the extra layer above the other polka dot printed paper. The stamp is from TPC Studios, Playful Expressions set. I used my new Permapaque metallic green marker to add the simple strip (inside as well) and I decided to try inking around the card edges with my gold ink pad. I am loving the exploring with new things. 


3 comments:

  1. The love the soft colors and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that sentiment! I am gonna have to use it!
    Very sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really pretty card! I also love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I am so glad you have the card mojo to inspire me. I am still developing my card making skills.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.