Sunday, May 15, 2011

All About Me!!

Recently I have been flipping through idea books and sketch designs and trying to get inspired to create with them. I have seen so many wonderful things and something that really caught me is all the pages for just random reasons. These pages were taking basic things like relationships, New Year's resolutions and hopes and dreams and turning them into these amazing pages.  I realized that I wanted to have a book where I could do layouts that were just basically random things I cared about or was interested in and did not just have to scrapbook the events in my day to day life.

When I went on my scrapbooking weekend I made several pages for this book. I have yet to share them due to illness right after my trip and very busy catch up time after. Here is the first page in my new album Just For Me!
I wanted a page that explored who I was as a person right now in my life and my girlfriend told me to use what I had written on my blog profile as she thought it was so perfect in describing me. I went with that and selected the words and images to match up to that. These photos are from a wedding I was in. Sadly, the marriage did not last, but I loved the photos and really wanted to use them for something so this layout was perfect.
Starting point
It took me a long time to select the paper and layout for the page. I wanted each word to be just right and placed in the proper place. I played with layers and different papers to get the look that I think scream ME!! I embossed and added some bling as well. In the end I used 15 different Cricut cartridges to make this page (I did not put the word Cricut on my layout because I figured 15 different carts showed that obsession right!). Here is a run down of what was used and how:

Lacy  Labels: The frame backing the photo (cut twice to give a second layer)
Once Upon A Princess: Drama Queen
Gypsy Font: my name
Billionaire: writer
Cherry Limeade: teacher
Going Places: airplane
Hello Kitty Font: ME
Paisley: flirt
Quarter Note: music notes and perform
Gypsy Wanderings: Family
Lyrical Letters: Love
Jasmine: photo corners
Feeling Groovy: Loud
Cursive 101: create
All  Mixed Up (borrowed from a friend): Silly


6 comments:

  1. Laura this is fantastic idea! And I just love the top picture of you! Have fun making this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page and great idea! Love that you used so many different cartridges...and yes that does show your passion for cricut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea. I rarely scrap anything about me, what I like or who I am. I always wonder about my grandparents and great grandparents so I've started scrapping more about me, especially now that the kids are grown.

    Thanks for the inspiration. I have a little something for you on my blog.

    http://ritaspaperobsession.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-blog-award-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it so much. What a great layout! So colourful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love it! Wonderful idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.