Friday, August 5, 2011

Choo Choo Birthday

I am excited that I am going to be getting some scrapbooking done this weekend. My daughter will be spending the night with her grandparents tonight and than going on a special trip into Chicago to see a play and spend the day downtown. What that means for me and my husband is some time to ourselves (we have a few plans to get some stuff done, but mostly down time). I have a whole head full of layouts right now and just need some time to work on them. I got an early start today with a layout from last July...
For Charlie's birthday party his parents had a whole train theme (I know you couldn't tell from the layout). I was very excited to pull out my Pop-up Neighborhood cartridge. This cart has a whole set of train cars that you can use. I was a little confused why the wheel sizes were different on some of the cars, but in the end I still love the look of my train.
I also did something on this layout that I love doing with titles (to the point I have to be careful not to do it all the time). I cut the letters out, using my Gypsy, in the correct spot on my page and than instead of gluing the letters onto another sheet I glued paper to the back of the layout to have a almost colored in effect. This is a fun look, but works bets when you do not have too many small pieces of letters to glue down on top (like the h, a & e here). This is Cricut Classic Font.
I am trying to take part if some challenges this weekend (working towards a goal) and this layout covers 2 for me.
1. The Paper Variety Week 45: CIRCLES!
Use at least 4 circles on your project: My polka dot paper and train wheels cover this.
2. Quick Quotes Blog Friday Challenge: NUMBERS!
Use a number on your project: I used 2 2's!
Check out these great challenges for some weekend inspiration. This is Quick Quotes very first challenge and it was a fun one.

12 comments:

  1. Super cute layout. I really like the way you did the title. I'll have to try that.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little train and love the wonderful comments you leave on my blog...should have become a follower a long time ago...I scare myself somedays... ;) any way now you are closer to 200!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! I love the train and what a cute liitle boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little train with all the patterned papers. Very creative.

    BTW Love the new blog background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an Adorable Layout L.B. I have yet to use my Pop up Neighborhood cart but I loved that train on it and thanks for the heads up on the wheel size! Love your title too, great idea! Charlie sure looked like he had a Blast! Thanks for joining us over at QQ for our challenge, hope to see you often and hope you have a fun creative weekend! Enjoy your time!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa (QQ DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!!!! I love using that technique too, except that's the one I forget to use often. The train is so cute. Hope you enjoyed your down time!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed everything about your layout! What a fun day! Good luck on entering the challenges! I hope you get lots done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is adorable, i love your title technique, it looks awesome!!!

    Adora
    {QQ DT}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little train that you created!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness this is just so cute. I love that little paper pieced train. Thanks for playing along with us at QQ
    ~Julie QQ DT member

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.