Thursday, August 18, 2011

No Cricut Thursday #5: Birthday Card

I am working on a stack of cards to send to Operation Write Home. For this week's No Cricut Thursday I created 4 cards to send them. Just a simple birthday card.


I used a stamp from a set I picked up by Stampendous and using a ruler to guide my spacing, I stamped the words repeatedly on a sheet of cream card stock. I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Peeled Paint (love the name) to stamp the design over and over until I had enough to use on 4 cards.

Chloe over at  Chloe and Her Clip on Koalas has put up a challenge. I posted I have a new favorite stack: Antique Dots by My Mind's Eye and she mentioned she loved this as well and was trying to use the whole stack in a year. I am not so sure I can do it, but I have used it for 2 projects now..so I guess it is on now!!
I wanted to add some ribbon to the cards and hid the back pieces with an extra sheet of paper. You have to make sure all your pieces are secure on cards for OWH so I double checked each one. I sadly ran out of the top ribbon I was using so for one card I just left the top plain. I am happy to have added 4 more cards to my pile.

3 comments:

  1. Nice card, love the colors. I have to get better at stamping, mine wouldn't be in nice straight lines even with a ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek! You are beating me! Lol. LOVE that big dot paper. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.