Friday, October 21, 2011

Danger Bag

As my wonderful followers know I love making gift bags and seeing as Halloween is right around the corner I thought I would have some fun with my new Forever Young cartridge and make a little Halloween themed purse.
I cut the purse using a 12x24 mat. I cut it at 16.01W & 7.15H (just filled the mat until I couldn't get any bigger). I used my favorite Gypsy feature, the hide/contour button to get rid of the words in the middle of the purse cut.
I wanted it to be a simple bag so I picked out the fun haunted house cut from Holiday Cakes and used paper from the DCWV Ghosts & Goblins cardstock stack (the matching solid stack) to make it sparkle a little bit. I also cut out "DANGER" and some mini tombstones using Mini Monsters to add to the front of the purse/gift bag.
I felt that this bag would look too plain as just black so I used a Chalk Collection Zig marker and went around all the edges of the purse cut before putting it together. These markers are pretty cool on a black base. When you first write with them it is very hard to see, but as you can tell they dry awesome and I felt it gave my bag that messy/scary look I wanted.
I feel like my Halloween season started extra early with the fun trip to the Not So Scary Halloween party at Disney World a few weeks back and now  I am just totally engrossed in celebrating. I hope everyone is having fun getting ready for this fun sweet (candy!!) and scary holiday time.

1 comment:

  1. This is darling! Will have to pull that cart and make a bag too:)

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.