Saturday, October 22, 2011

Halloween Gifts Last batch!

JACOB IS ON HIS WAY! TELL ME WHAT HE SHOULD WEAR FOR HALLOWEEN!

I have finally finished all the Halloween goodies I have been working on. I hope you have all seen my first batch of these fun anti-bacterial gift boxes that I have been working on. I followed the wonderful instructions at  Pink Buckaroo Designs and now that I have made so many I think I could do it in my sleep.
For the final set I pulled out the DCWV Ghosts & Goblins stack once again and found just the right paper to match with my PocketBacs from Bath & Body Works. I love the names on the Halloween ones!
After scoring and cutting the inside box paper, I put on all the red tape at once before putting them all together. When I got started it was much easier to get them completed this time than the first go round. Doing each step all at once was helpful.
For this set I went back to my Gypsy to search for the right bat and spider cuts for the front. I choose the spider of Lyrical Letters and the Simply Charmed bat, but I added my own hand drawn face to it. I also select the fun poison label from Martha Stewart Season Cake Art for the final few boxes. I wanted to have a little embossing on each box,  like the first ones, but I went a little simple for these and did not ink them up. I also had fun tearing the purple paper with a edger for the spider boxes.
 In the end, I think I might like this set better than the first. My daughter hand select witch (I mean which) box would go to each teacher she has and made sure I did not forget her wonderful bus driver. I hope everyone likes our little Halloween treats. Tonight is movie night at my daughter's school and we get to wear our costumes once again. I am so happy to be in the Halloween spirit.

I also get to add these to a fun Halloween challenge at Little Scrap Pieces.Hop on over to see the other fun work people have done.

7 comments:

  1. love simply charmed and all of your cards but the Bat one is my favorite have a little challenge over at my blog you could enter anyone one of these have a great weekend Karen....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are just dear!! I have not gotten around to my Halloween things yet!! I need to get on the Broom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super clever and useful! Love all of your choices from design to paper selection. You did a fabulous job and thanks for sharing the "how-tos".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You put in a lot of time on these. Great use of a bunch of different papers. I love these boxes!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.