Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wishes to You Cards

Yesterday I broke down and spent money 1 week before my spending freeze is over. I went to Michael's to pick up a basket for my Halloween costume and some white cardstock for my Imagine and well I hit the dollar bin and bought a stamp. Yes know too much. I have totally ruined the whole freeze...HA!
$1 stamp?? Had to buy!
BUT I did go home and use the stamp right away to make some birthday cards for Operation Write Home and the Circut Circle Cuttlebug challenge (part of their 1 year blogiversary).
I needed to use 2 Cricut cuts for this challenge, in addition to some embossing action so I cut our circles using George and Basic Shapes (I know basic, but needed for my design) and the word birthday from the Celebrations cartridge.

I used some coordinating cardstock and after cutting the cards the right size I cut smaller rectangles to emboss. I could not decide which folder to use so I used 3 different ones.

I have been playing around a lot lately with inking the sides of cards, cuts and more so I had to do that with these as well. I inked over the strip of paper I added to the bottom as well as around the circles and embossed pieces. Silver ink is messy, but I love how it looks.
I made four more cards to add to my box for Operation Write Home and got to take part in one more of the fun Circle Blog challenges!!  A great Sunday afternoon, even if it means spending money during my freeze!

6 comments:

  1. you did awesome! You should be totally proud you made is so far and I think you should let 1 dollar slide and it was only one thing besides sometimes a girl gotta do what girl gotta do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards..LOL I should put my self on a shopping freeze..I have 6 more new cartridges(from my rewards points) And a few cuttlebug embossing folders,a cute stamp set from penny black and some A2 envelopes for my christmas cards that I bought at Joann.com...Whewwwww...So are you ready for my birthday blog hop in November? I am so excited!! Let michele know if you have any questions!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Isn't the Cuttlebug a wonderful tool!!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are so cute!
    Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving a comment! Don't you just love Creative Memories products?! : )
    Jamie
    beingmrsmccann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.