Sunday, March 4, 2012

School Album Started

A good friend of mine has a special album for each of her daughter's school things. To make it simple she has decided that rather than scrap every little thing her girls do, she does sort of a high light page, plus pages of her daughter's school photo and maybe a sample of their work from the year. I decided this was a great way to do an album for my daughter as well. She started Kindergarten in the fall and hopefully this is one album I can stay on top of the next 12 years!
I used a wonderful set of paper and supplies, on holiday, from the girls' paperie for this double page layout. All the paper I used is double sided and I couldn't make up my mind which pages to use so I used a little of 3 pieces for the 4 sides and put a piece of matching ribbon down the middle join it all together.
I wanted the two pages to have matching styles so I cut a solid navy block for the back of page one so it would match in size the class photo on the other.  The class photo actually has an image of my daughter on it, but I wanted a larger one to match the photo of her with her teachers. I cut out the letters using a favorite cart of mine, Mickey Font. When everything was down I felt it was lacking something so I pulled out the fun brads that came with this set and added them, as well as a tag and Creative Memories punched heart.
I am happy that this album is all started and I know it will be fun to put my daughter's school memories inside as well. I am adding this layout to the following challenges:
Speaking of school I also cut out a bunch of shamrocks for my daughter's class to use on their calendar this month...with what other cart but Designer's Calendar. Have a great week everyone.

7 comments:

  1. This is going to be a fantastic project to continue working on! I love the idea of making it more of a scrapbook/smash book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Awesome that your starting the album now! I wish I had started scrapbooking earlier so I could have stayed on top of things:) Your pages are great and I love the paper your using!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea for an album! Cute LO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! I can't wait to see your album when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout. I'm so glad you joined us at Pile It On this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pages to keep your memories.
    thanks for playing with us at PIO.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.