Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Days Mat Stack Cards

I am in love with DCWV Summer Days Stack. I love the solid card stock, the 12x12 paper and the mat stack.  I have been using this paper so much lately and find myself seeking out ways to use it more and more. Today I want to share 2 simple cards I made using the mat stack pages. I cut them the way I wanted and layered them onto some solid card stock (not a big surprise it is from the Summer Days stack!)

This first one if a thank you card with a touch of ribbon and a simple Cricut Cut off Cricut American Alphabet.
The second card is a fun 4th of July card. This time I cut out the title (Stand and Salute) and some stars (CTMH Art Philosophy) to add on top of the mat stack piece I layer onto the card. I wanted my stars to stick out a little so I decided to use some sand paper on the edges to bring out the white core and added little heart buttons to the center.  So easy and fun and 2 cards I needed all made.
Hope you have a happy Thursday everyone. We are getting some fun in the sun swimming today (thankfully the heat is not as bad as it has been!!) OH and Happy Official First Day of Summer!!

5 comments:

  1. I really like your cards. I can see why you can't stop using this stack. It is a good one:)

    Annette
    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh these are just beautiful!! LOVING those paper lanterns in the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...great use of that paper...love them both! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful cards - love the backing paper on the first and all the elements you have used on the second. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. I will have to check anbd see if I can find the paper.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.