Sunday, July 8, 2012

Beach Bum Layout & Announcement

Everyone likes being lazy on the beach right? Okay maybe not in the middle of a large heat wave, but overall. Here is a simple layout I made for all you Beach Bums.
I started with the beach sand by tearing the edges with a Fiskars edger. I layered my sand pieces on each other for the right look. I added a mat for a 4x6 photo to the background.
Next, I just created my beach scene all around with a lawn chair, umbrella and flip flops from Life is a Beach,some Hello Kitty Greetings clouds, and a sun off Luau. The title was cut with Cherry Limeade. After a little bit of added sparkle via my Stickles collection and a ribbon to go over my photo I was all set.
I made this fun Beach Bum layout a few weeks back as part of a Design Team Call for My Cricut Craft Room and today I can finally announce that I made the team. 
This is my first time being on a DT and I am very excited to work with the group. It is a large group and every month there is a 100 Cart Hop.  It is actually going on right now so I hope you will stop over at the start HERE and see what everyone made this month. You can also check out the new DT members and hear about Erica's fun new blog.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Congrats on being chosen for the DT.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute layout! Great job with the beach scene! Love the embossing on the clouds and the glitter accents! Happy to be your new DT sister!

    Have a great Sunday!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeeeeee the lo!! LOVING the beach scene and the clouds!! And HUGE CONGRATS on the DT!! That is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on being in a design team:) Love your layout and the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LB That is AWESOME NEWS!!!! Congrats to you!!! This is an awesome layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome LO, makes me want to go to the beach and enjoy the sun :)
    Congrats and Welcome to the design team LB. We have lots of fun :)
    Looking forward to crafting with you,

    ClaireR
    My Cricut Craft Room DTM
    www.ThreeWatersCreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card and Congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout...looks like a wonderful place to be right now! Congrats on your first DT position!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LB. Congrats on making the DT! Looking forward to "working" with you and getting to know you.
    Lisa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats and welcome to our team! What a lovely beach layout!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi L.B.!

    Thanks for all your kind comments and following my blog!! :) You have been creating such awesome items as well! Love this layout!!

    -Stephanie
    http://www.paperandi.blogspot.com

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.