Thursday, July 5, 2012

Christmas in July Part 1

Hello all. I hope everyone enjoyed the 4th of July holiday yesterday and is staying cool in this heat up! I have been thinking about all sorts of ideas for the upcoming holiday season.  Now don't get me wrong... I do not want  to see holiday decor in the stores or see sales for Christmas yet, but when you want to make things you have to plan ahead just a little bit so I am starting on my gift tags now.
I am new to making fancier gift tags and see so many around that I really wanted to try and make mine this year. I got these brads by Martha Stewart at the Wilton tent sale and wanted to see what I could come up with. 
I cut three layers of a tag on the Celebrations cart and embossed one to give more texture. The paper is all DCWV Christmas paper form 2010. Once I got the layer all together I used a stamp to add the "To: & From:: before placing my fun brads on top. 
Over all I a pleased with this first go on tags, but I plan on going bigger and better soon. I did not to anything to fancy with the ribbon because I am not sure on how I will be putting the final touches onto my package ideas this year!   

Thanks for stopping by to visit!  Oh yeah the stamp is from the Stampendous: Retro Christmas Set!

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! You are right it is never to early to get started on this stuff:)

    Annette
    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the brads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute. Never to early to start.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tags...you do need to make things early...if not December is one crazy month! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to get ahead of the game! Cute tags :)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas in July-I love it :-) Cute tags! I think I have that same patterned paper!! I just saw Teresa Collins new Christmas collection. It's making me want to get busy on Christmas things, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous and we do have to get organised don't we :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tags are great. I need to start mine now or I will never get mine done! Can you believe the stores ALREADY have Christmas supplies? They haven't even done school supplies yet!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.