Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Flower Frame Fanatic!

A few weeks ago I made a sweet little frame for my daughter by covering up a leftover frame from our school dance this Spring. Now I have become obsessed with making them.
I am not sure if it is because...
A. They are super easy to make.
B. I love making 3D flowers with my Cameo.
C. They make great gifts.
D. I am using up this box of leftover frames without throwing them away.
E. ALL OF THE ABOVE
I start out by measuring, cutting and gluing down all the base papers. I draw lines on the back to make this easier and use my cutter to do the inside square. Next I used ribbon adhesive and attach my ribbon selection to the inside rim to cover the cut edges.
Next, it is all about flowers. I have been using my Cameo to make this flower by Lori Whitlock over and over again. I cut it in various sizes and often mix and match patterns and solids to create these fun flowers. Smaller brads work best with these holes. I attach them with large glue dots and curl the edges in with my hands.
The final touch on each frame a is sentiment. In this set all the stamps are Pink By Design. I used the Capture Life (SOTM July 2012), Just Breathe, & Life's A Garden sets to add these little touches. These frames will be Back 2 School Gifts for the teachers in the 8th grade English department (my team!) as we start off the new year. What a perfect link up for the Tuesday Link Up Party!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, those look fabulous. Love the colors and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frames are too cute. Love the colors used and flowers.

    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, these are adorable. You have a great eye for color combinations.
    Anita @ nitscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.