Saturday, August 25, 2012

In Our Class: Twist on the Rules

Over the years of teaching I have learned that saying, "Don't do that!" or "Don't do this!" hardly ever get the message across to my middle school students. They know what not to do and often encouragement if best so this year I made a poster using my Silhouette and all my favorite fonts. The twist for this rules poster...it is what we do that matters.
I found this great poster idea on Pinterest and decided that I could make one to fit my own needs with a little tweaking. I love free printables but wanted mine to be much larger. I  started at my local teacher store with a blank notebook poster.
Next step was my planning process and selection of fonts. I made sure they were all readable. Once everything was cut out I started the gluing process...that took a long while. Getting each letter in the right places was not as easy as I had hoped (I am very thankful for the lines on the poster). When the letters were all in place I felt something was still needed.I added some simple star bursts that I cut using my Alphalicious Cricut Cartridge.
We went over these on the first day of school and now it hangs right in front of the room so they can all see it. So far the school year is going well. I'm hoping it stays that way. Thanks so much for stopping by this weekend.

5 comments:

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.