Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Line Fit for Rapunzel

Last October when we traveled to Disney World the number one thing on our list was a visit with Rapunzel. We were told that the line at the Halloween party was always short and fast moving, plus Flynn Rider would be there, so we skipped the hour long line during the day in favor for the fun filled evening....
                                               NO SUCH LUCK! 
The line that night started off moving well, but than it just stopped with no explanation. Many people got out of the line and decided not to wait, but we had to see her and we were only there one day.  We decided to make the most of it and enjoy our line experience with all the other Rapunzel's waiting.
For this double layout I used a layout I found on Pinterest as my sketch. I loved the way the original layout had all these square of paper creating the background so I cut my squares and rounded two of the corners to match the pattern. I did not have enough paper to make mine fill the whole back so I added a layer behind as well.
Once I got all the squares where I wanted them I put the blocks and photo on top. I added flowers with small brads to the sides instead of the original block design.
The final touch was the word art cut form my Sophisticated cartridge. I felt these words fit especially after we finally got to meet Rapunzel and Flynn. Thanks for stopping by. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.


4 comments:

  1. Cute LO...gotta love Disney!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! LOVING the colors and the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute!! We are going to WDW in 23 days and I was hoping to see Rapunzel. Hopefully, we'll get lucky on one of our 3 days in the MK (one is the Halloween Party) and see her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it ,,and like how you did the little squares .can I ask what size each square is please?

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.