Friday, September 28, 2012

Fabulous Fall Recipes

I recently bought myself a Cinch and have been meaning to play with it. I have wanted to make a recipe book for my Mom and felt this would be a great time to do so and give me a chance to create with my new Cinch.
I cut my chipboard and background papers using a rectangle on the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. All the papers I used are from My Mind's Eye Summer Song stack.
After I has all my chipboard layered with the papers I selected, I punched my holes using the Cinch so I would know where to place everything on the album pages. 
Grandmas hand written recipes fit in just right.
I had a huge stack of envelopes and I decided to use these as the recipe holders. I just tucked the flaps inside so recipes could be placed inside. I cut scalloped circles for each label page, also off Art Philosophy. I cut all the label words and matching ovals using From My Kitchen. 



Once all the labels were on I cut my binding wire the right size and placed the pages on. The cinching was a breeze and I have a feeling I am going to be making more and more mini albums like this.
The final touches were for the front cover. I loved the "Fabulous Fall" cut from 3 Birds on Parade so I added it to the front, plus a touch of brown ribbon. I am super pr
Thanks so much for stopping by to see my new book. I am really happy with it. Have a great weekend. 
*If you are visiting from My Cricut Craft Room I am sad to report that I am no longer part of the team. One of the companies that MCCR is working with says her DT members can not be working with the new Cricut FANatics blog so I have been removed form the team.  I wish it had been different, but it was out of my hands as I was not asked about this. I hope those who visit me from MCCR will continue to stop by and see what I am working on. I wish MCCR nothing but success with her new ventures!

5 comments:

  1. Great little recipe book...love the colours and patterns! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a GREAT job on this mini!Very Cute!!TFS
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling project! TFS

    Annette
    My Mind Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't the Cinch awesome? I love mine and use it every time I get the chance! Love your papers you used and the bright colors!

    Sorry to hear about MCCR...that really sucks :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable mini ablum recipe book. Love the paper you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.