Monday, January 14, 2013

Flower Note Card

Today I have a simple note card to share with you. I really enjoy the challenges at Die Cuttin Divas and this week the challenge was a color challenge: Blue, Ivory & Gold. I wasn't sure what to do. The color combo felt so elegant to me and it made me think. I gathered some papers that matched the guidelines and just sort of played around to create my card.
I started with some layers on the front and in order to get some gold in I placed a ribbon on the top layer. Next, came the flowers, cut from the Mother's Day 2010 cartridge (that is almost always at my Mom's house since she loves it so much).
I did not want the flowers to be plain, but I did not want any colors not in the challenge so I embossed the cut with pin dots and then added some gold Stickle's swirls around it. I added the patterned paper layers in the inside as well to finish off my card, which I actually wrote a note in for a coworker today!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful & Elegant!Great Job!
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...love the sparkle! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the gold flourishes you made using the Stickles--so creative. Thanks for playing along at DCD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great way to incorporate all the challenge colors and what an elegant card!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.