Friday, January 18, 2013

Peace Out

I do not know if it is trend among all 1st graders, but mine is obsessed with peace symbols. When she sees clothes, backpacks, shoes, even Jeep tire covers with a peach symbol on it she flips out. When she found this fun bedspread it was a no brainer for her Christmas gift.
Such a big gift is not always easy to wrap so I only wrapped the pillows and put a large peach symbol tag on the bedding set.
I cut 2 large peace symbols off the Groovy Times cartridge and adhered a piece of looped ribbon in between them. Then I added her name using the Cricut American Alphabet letters.
Of course this tag would not have been complete without some bling, so I added a bunch of gems using my I-rock.  She loved her bed set  on Christmas morning and the tag hangs from a bulletin board in her room now.
I also added these vinyl peace symbols to her wall. I used my Imagine to print the colors on before cutting the symbols. The colors are off All Wrapped Up. Thanks for stopping in for my simple post today. I forgot that I had not shown this yet!

Happy weekend to all (3 days for me!!!)  Hope to get some fun projects done this weekend.)

6 comments:

  1. Awesome ideas! She is so adorable!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! Super cute!
    Have a wonderful 3 day weekend - we have one too!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute bedspread; she looks like she's loving it--so "peace"ful! lol. Love the peace symbols you made for her gift and her walls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I love that about her! That is so cool!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.