Saturday, August 17, 2013

Oh La La - Bachelorette Invites

Tonight we will celebrate my cousin's upcoming wedding with a fun Bachelorette Party. The Maid-Of-Honor asked me for a little help with the invites and here is what we created.
This fun invite was created using a file form the Silhouette Store. After a few simple modifications - I took out the score lines I was able to cut all the pieces to put these corset lace up cards together. First the base, which I score by hand as I do not like the look of the edges. To see how I did this in Silhouette Studio you can go to this post HERE.

Next came all the pieces for the corsets. There are 3 layers to each side: Lacy base (white), mid layer (patterns form the DCWV Midnight Chic stack and and the top ribbing layer (black). They are cut in separate pieces for each side of the card. They went together very well.
 The final pieces of the puzzle were the inside and the lace-up. For the inside we selected a simple tag cut and stretched it. Then we type our wording right on to the label. We used a few fonts for this.

Once I had laid out all the word boxes I grouped them as one so I could move and arrange them as one on the label before we print and cut each one. Once everything was where it belonged we laced them up. They turned out great. I love the way the print look under the black boning cuts. I am sure we will have fun tonight.
Stay tuned, next weekend I will share some of the other decorations I helped make.

Supplies
- Silhouette Store: card French corset  Design ID #10579 by Samantha Walker
- DCWV - Midnight Chic stack (patterned papers)
- Recollections - Black and White stack (patterned papers)
- Carnavilee Font - Moulin Rouge
- Brush Script - Giuchie Giuchie
- Footlight - rest of wording

4 comments:

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.