Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Winter Fun With Die Cuttin' Divas

BURRR!!!! Is it cold enough for you? All this winter weather made the Die Cuttin' Divas think about the fun winter activities you can do during the cold season. So this wee the challenge is Winter Fun & Activities. For me the best winter activity is what happens after you are out in the cold...HOT CHOCOLATE!!
Nothing says winter like a warm glass of cocoa. For this card I decided to play around with some of the wonderful print and cut images I have from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons.  I started out by selecting my images...okay several as I have a few projects in mind right now.
Once I had everything printed and cut I started piecing my project together. I added an embossed background and decided to try using some of my Project Life cards on my card.
You get about 10 of each card so there are always leftover and I have plenty of core sets to play with. I think it looks great and on the inside I added a fun stamp to coordinate with the front cards.
You just never know what you can do with PL. The final touches for my card were a simple bow and of course some Stickles to make that heart sparkle a little bit.  Winter warm up ready!
I hope you will stop by Die Cuttin' Divas and join in our Winter Activities challenge this week.

Supplies I Used:
- Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons - Hot Cocoa files
- Project Life - Maggie Holmes Edition cards
- Tim Holtz Swirls embossing folder
- Frosted Lace Stickles
- Pink By Design - Feb 2013 SOTM

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty card and I love how you added project life cards to it. Great colors as well:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this!! can't wait to see what you make with the rest of your projects laid out in the picture too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very pretty card! Love it! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one. Swirls in the cut and the embossing are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had snow today and it was definitely a hot chocolate kind of day! Cute card! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card, I love the marshmallows and the embossing is so perfect with this card:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this - colors are so pretty!

    Have a SUPER day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.