Sunday, December 27, 2015

My New Quilt

I wanted to brag a little bit on my Mom today. She is a crafter as well. While she loves scrapbooking, floral arrangements and wreath making her favorite material to work with is fabric. She has been sewing since she was 9-years-old and her grandma taught her how. Over the years she has made clothes (for us and various dolls), blankets, table runners, tree skirts and Prom dresses! For the holidays she made me this wonderful t-shirt quilt out of the shirts for plays I have directed over the years.
Now she is passing her skills onto my daughter.  For Christmas we gave our daughter her first sewing machine. She has been into designing clothes for dolls and I felt she needed the right tools. My mom helped me find the right machine and is helping our little designer learn what she needs to know.
I look forward to sharing the fun projects she creates with her new tool and let me tell you the list is already very long of what she dreams to do with it. Thanks for letting me brag.

Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. So COOL! LOVE your Quilt! It's Beautiful! I took a sneak peek around since I've been missing for awhile! Always such CUTE creations coming from you! Hope you had a Fabulous Christmas and in case I don't get back around to your blog before the new year - Hope you & your Family Have a Blessed New Year! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.